Jun 14, 2006

A Short Post To Say Hey!

I know it's been a while, but I feel I should spend every ounce of my creative energy on my manuscript since I have an agent and an editor waiting on me to finish it. And I'm soooooo close...

The only action we've had on the pool is clean up and irrigation repair--two of the steps to building the pool that don't really show up well in a picture. There's been NO rain. We're still in stage 3 so we're hoping they put the plaster in soon (ie: before stage 4). We have had some nice evenings sitting out on our lovely deck and gazing into the empty hole, but it sure would be nice to actually get in it before summer's over.

I'm taking a flexible Friday this week so that should give me some bonus writing time. Last weekend I celebrated a milestone birthday. (I'm not going to say which one, but when I tell people they can't believe it because I look so young--they wouldn't lie about a thing like that, would they?) And of course this weekend is Father's Day.

But like I always say, It's always somethin'

6 comments:

Duke_of_Earle said...

Thank you! I accept the chiding, because you are right; fininshing up what the editor is waiting for is WAYYYYY more important than posting. Do that, and THEN post to tell us how much the editor LLOOOVVVEEESSS your writing!!

John

Hale McKay said...

Those who attend your birthday party - weren't they original signers of the Declaration of Independence?
...No? Sorry, I must have you confused with someone else.

...I hope you have a very happy birthday.

Bill said...

I hope y'all are having a great weekend! ANy news on when you'll be getting the pool filled?

Have I mentioned I love the stone work??

Nankin said...

With the way this drought is going, it may be next winter before you get the pool filled. What a bummer! I know how much you enjoyed the last one.

thewriterslife said...

Just checking in on you to give you a big HEY back! ;o)

thewriterslife said...

Just stopping in to say hi. ;o)