Aug 1, 2006

THE END!!!!!

the end

That's right. At 12:09 Monday morning I typed the words every writer yearns for. This is my 4th completed manuscript but I think the thrill is still the same.

Spoiled Rotten is 90,000 plus words of chicklit-arama. (Is that a category?) I guess if I had to narrow it down it's a Chick Lit Mystery. You could also categorize it as a romance that breaks ALL the rules.

AND...the best part is I have an editor from a big-time New York publisher who wants it e-mailed to her ASAP.

The bad news? It still needs some polishing.

That's why I've got to run!

8 comments:

Christina said...

Oooohhh, good luck with the book!

And welcome back, long time no see. How are the spewing lions?

Duke_of_Earle said...

How wonderful! And what a relief, I'm sure. But if you're like me (few are, I realize), the "polishing" may take a while. Hope not -- I'm anxious for this multi-book deal to go through on a pre-empt for HUGE bucks! Everything's crossed for ya!

Karyn Lyndon said...

The spewing lions are the earrings for my pool's outfit...they just make it!

Duke_of_Earle said...

Regarding your husband's DDAS, I just had to respond to that under your comment, as follows:

"Yes, clearly that condition is gender-specific. Most women I know will answer MANY questions that were not only not heard, but never asked. This results in what is perceived by the DDAS-afflicted male as meaningless chatter, which further exacerbates his tendency to not listen.

A vicious cycle."

Thought you'd want to know...

John

Bill said...

WoooHooooooo! 'Grats on finishing up... as for the polishing... isn't that what an editor is for? :)

Good luck... hope it sels a million!

Karyn Lyndon said...

No, Bill, evidently they want it darn near perfect when they buy it...what's this world coming to?

Christina said...

"earrings" ...LOL! Cool.

Rik no Blog said...

O fim!