Mar 26, 2005

Eating Harder Than Sex?

chakras
At my monthly Romance Author's meeting we had a speaker on Kundalini Yoga as it pertains to writing. In a nutshell Kundalini is the belief that there are different levels of life. These are represented by discs along the spine known as chakras. His message was how a fully developed character should have all 7 levels. They are:
1. root--consciousness
2. genitals--able to reproduce; desire
3. stomach--able to feed yourself; survival; aggression
4. heart--have relationships; care about others
5. throat--communication
6. third eye--imagination and spirituality
7. crown--know there's more beyond our grasp

Okay, now that you've hung yourself from mind-numbing boredom, the reason I bring this up is the speaker said it's more difficult (you need a more complex brain) to feed yourself than to have sex. I don't know about you, but it's pretty freakin' easy to drive through McDonald's. Some locations even use your toll tag to take your money, so other than speaking into the little box to give your order, and reaching out the window to get the sack, that's it!

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe I've ever had to shave my legs in order to eat. And have you ever been to a singles bar for the evening? (I'm thinking WAY back to my disco days, but I don't think things have changed that much.) That's a lot of work! Picking through all the weirdos, throwing come-hither looks at the precise moment, holding in your stomach for hours at a time? And that doesn't even include undressing (and the accompanying stress that implies,) applying the appropriate protection, working up a sweat, the actual moment of ecstasy and putting your clothes back on.

Or maybe humans have just made sex more complicated than it needs to be.

No comments: