Dec 21, 2005

Delicious Christmas Surprise

Recently I received an e-mail chain letter instructing me to send the person on the top of the list a recipe and then add my e-mail address to the list and send to 10 friends...and so on...and so on...and so on...

Some people would think this is a lot of fun and a way to get some delicious new recipes...

I am not one of these people as I am less than handy around the kitchen. So this is the recipe I sent out on my e-mail:

Delicious Christmas Surprise

Note: This recipe is easy and clean-up is a snap, but requires some planning and can be expensive to serve. Finding the right ingredients for Delicious Christmas Surprise is imperative.

At least 3 weeks before Christmas:

Search the Internet for restaurants and hotels open on Christmas Day in your area.

Dial the phone number rapidly. If there is no answer, repeat.

Set aside a table at a specific time for a certain number of guests.


Christmas Morning:

Stir.

Slip on fluffy robe until completely warm.

The family room should be at room temperature.

Make sure the Christmas tree is lit.

Open gifts at a steady pace while pouring eggnog into wide-mouthed mouth.

After the presents are completely done, go to bedroom and whip on one of the fashion gifts you received.

Add a jacket or coat to taste.

Dash to the restaurant or hotel.

After being seated, it is recommended to step rapidly to the buffet tables laden with delectable salads, entrees and desserts.

Serve and enjoy!

5 comments:

Hale McKay said...

I like it, I like it! Great post.

Duke_of_Earle said...

MY kind of Christmas meal, and a real treat for the one who typically has to prepare it. We're having Tamales and beans this year instead of the huge feast with all the prep time and cleanup afterwards.

Great recipe!

John

Bill said...

We're cooking a 'Christmas Goose' for the first time this year. It's a small one though as it's just me and Mrs. Bill this year... a Christmas Buffet is our backup plan if things go South in the Kitchen!!

Merry Christmas to you and the family Karyn!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds great, Karyn. Merry Christmas!

Miss Cellania said...

I admire your honesty. I probably would have copied out the first recipe I saw, just to make a good impression. Those who know me well enough realize we are noshing on chips and dip through the holidays!

Thanks for the laugh!