Apr 21, 2005

Scott Savol, I apologize

(or is it Sabol...I've seen it spelled both ways on the internet.) So anyway, I'm sorry. I was wrong...okay? You've hung in there against the odds. I'm still pulling for Carrie Underwood
main_carrie_185x100 (because I like country) but it doesn't matter either way because I don't vote. So good luck to both of you! I really think they should have a male and female idol. It's too hard to compare. Maybe I'll put that in the suggestion box over at Fox.

Each of the AI finalists had to fill out a questionaire and I thought I would fill one out too. (Ahhh...the power of the blog. I'm replacing the word sing with write and pop artist with writer...you get the picture.)

What's on the top of your "to be read" pile right now. The Nanny Diaries.

What's your favorite genre? Chick Lit

When did you first start to write? I remember finally mastering a K when I was four. I wrote a poem about a hippo in the fifth grade that was posted on the bulletin board (a proud moment.)

What other talents do you have? I've been told I'm funny and I remain calm in stressful situations. I've been told I'm a wonderful Mom (by my children.) I've been known to write poetry and song lyrics and I write, direct and produce humorous videos for our annual awards ceremony at work. I have been known to design and sew costumes and I can choreograph. There are some other talents I've been told I have but I can't comment here because this is a PG rated blog.

What are your personal goals in life?
I want to be a multi-published author.

What book would your friends be surprised you own.
Uh...Eat Right and Live longer? lol (I'm sure it was a gift.)

Who is your American Idol?
I don't really understand this one. How about Stephen King?

Do you have any rituals you perform before you write?
Check E-mails and stats on this blog (and then swing a chicken over my head.)

Favorite Writer?
Hard to narrow it down so I'll go with something literary. How about Charlotte Bronte.

Most embarrassing moment. Accidentally showing a partially naked video of myself to a group of about 80 co-workers at the Boy Scouts National Headquarters. (It's a long story and as completely embarrassing as it sounds.)

Your proudest moment in life? Gee, that's a tough one. Of course, number one was the birth of my daughter because she was first and after 19 hours of labor, the only appropriate emotion you can feel is ecstatic that it's over. Number two would be the birth of my son because he was a boy and that meant since I had one of each I would NEVER have to do it again.

If you couldn't write, what talent would you most like to have? I wish I could write music. I have the lyrics in my heart, but the tune refuses to surface. Believe me, I've tried.

What would people be surprised to learn about you? I'm pretty much an open book. What you see is what you get.

Do you have any lucky charms?
No. I'm not superstitious at all (knock on wood.)

What's been your toughest obstacle?
My struggle with my weight.

If you become published, who will you thank first?
My family who have always believed in me and supported my quirkiness and creative streak, and especially my husband who does the dishes, cleans the house/pool, mows the yard, and washes the clothes so I can write.

No comments: