Oct 31, 2005

Happy Halloween

I know part 2 of "Nine...but who's counting?" was scheduled for tonight but I forgot to e-mail it from work to home. Hopefully I will remember tomorrow.

In the meantime we had lots of trick-or-treaters who got progressively older and scarier as the night wore on. I was very proud that my two bags of candy were perfectly paced according to our number of visitors. One little Snow White whimpered when she realized she wasn't going to get to pick out the candy herself, so I let her. Wonder if she did that at every door? That's a lot of whimpering.

When my kids were younger I was always in charge of handing out the candy and my husband took them door to door. He was almost a slave driver about it, forcing them to go "just one more block" when they were ready to call it quits. Then when they got home they would spread out their spoils and give him the ones they didn't like. Ahhh...good times.

Now he and I share candy duty equally. He was calling me at work, making sure I would be home in time, like he wouldn't be able to do it without me. I mean really...rocket science it isn't. You open the bag, pour it in a bowl and answer the door. That's it! And we're millitant about the job being equal, If he is in the bathroom during his turn then he has to do two turns in a row. This year we had a silly hat that we switched back and forth all night according to whose turn it was.

I know, I know...it sounds like "Leave It To Beaver" around here. Hmmmm...no...more like "Married with Children."

2 comments:

Duke_of_Earle said...

...or maybe, "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?" Just kidding. I like the idea of the hat. Was it tall, black and pointy?

Karyn Lyndon said...

No. It was a brown felt cowboy hat with blonde yarn pigtails tied with red ribbon.