Oct 4, 2005

Second Chancing

* *P O E T R Y* *
W E D N E S D A Y
images-3

(I wrote this for a friend of mine's second wedding. I read it during the ceremony.)

When you search the whole worldwide
For someone to be by your side
To walk with you down life’s long road
To help you ease each heavy load
The chances seem like slim to none
To find your mate--the perfect one
Imagine how impossible when
You have to go in search again
But suddenly with just a glance
You are given a second chance

A second chance, a new lease on love
One more go at that shiny gold ring
Another whirl ‘round the dance floor
A different dream to take wing

In an instant you know it’s true
That he’s the only one for you
And just as sure--he isn’t wary
You’re the one he wants to marry
Yours and Mine becomes We
For one contented family
Completing what the other lacks
Your lives can then get back on track
So embrace this time like couples dancing
And thank the stars for second chancing

3 comments:

Duke_of_Earle said...

Very nice. I believe in second chances, too. Hey, I'm a hopless romantic!

And I wondered when you were going to pick up on "equipment."

John

Anonymous said...

I'm a bit of a romantic like John. Well done on the poem.

Karyn Lyndon said...

Well, thank you, guys. I appreciate it.