Aug 23, 2005

Don't bother me while I'm WORKING!

images-2

What can I say? I've been busy. I'm on the committee for this recognition show at work (The PACE Awards) and I'm in charge of the videos. It's my job to come up with the corporate inside-humor ideas for the video portions of the show, talk people into making fools of themselves and putting their careers on the line, providing the costumes and props and working with the camera guy. Once we've shot said videos, it's then my job to go to the camera guy's studio which looks like the NASA control room and edit the film we've shot.

The editing is really my favorite part of the process, but you wouldn't believe how long it takes. We worked from 2 till 10 last night for a little over 4 minutes worth of video. It's just a flash across the screen to the audience, but it means hours of painstaking decision making on the video, audio, music and special effects. And since catching the "actors" between meetings and real work makes reshoots out of the question, we have to make do with what we've shot the first time. It can be a challenge. But VERY rewarding when it all comes together as my "Vison" envisioned.

Anyway, I have one video completed and three more to edit. The show is Sept. 8th so time's running out!

I've thought about how creative it would be if this was my full-time job but frankly, once a year is enough. I think I'll keep my day job, which is a great job, I might add. Where else would they give us the resources to make good-humored fun of the company?

2 comments:

Duke_of_Earle said...

Yeah, keep the day job at least until the first multi-book contract. Then all bets are off!

Anonymous said...

Contrary to any prevailing theories, I actually do read your posts other than Freaky Friday crosses fingers. I just happen to have a penchant to comment on the sex talk because it easier for me use humor on that subject.
I don't like to poke fun at serious creative works like poetry.