May 18, 2005

I Wrote Today!

I know...I write almost every day in my blog. But I mean I actually made progress (4 pages) on my work in progress Spoiled Rotten. I will feel so much better when this is finished. It's in pretty good shape for a first draft. I don't think it will need much editing. It helps to have 2 critique groups. One meets every Wednesday at lunch, the other meets once a month on the weekend. CurvyKathy31 is still with Berkley for consideration as far as I know.

ROMANCE WRITER'S CONVENTION
I hear everyone on my chick lit groups talking about their plans for attending and I feel sooooo left out. I spent $800 last year and I didn't have to pay for airfare. Since I already have an agent I would really just be going to socialize with the other writers so I'm afraid Reno is out of the question. Maybe next year I can make it to Atlanta.

UPDATE ON DAUGHTER
She's seeing her old boyfriend again. I'm not sure what that means, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean I can pick out one of those cakes over at Duke of Earle's blog. She also got some really good news today. When she told the owner of her dance studio she'd gotten a part time job, the owner asked her to work full time. She was sooooooo happy to say "yes"...and so am I. I can't wait to tell her father (he's asleep right now) that she's working full time so I don't have to hear him bitch about it anymore. Now, if I can just convince the owner of the studio to give her some medical benefits...lol

1 comment:

Nic said...

Ok, so I just had my question answered. I saw that you had tagged my blogfriend Bill and I know you from Brenda Bradshaw's site so I left a message for you on Bill's site. Small world. How did you know about him? He actually was the very first poster I ever had and he found my blog purely by clicking on the "next blog" button. HA!

So I see you're not going to Reno. :( Oh well, there's always next year. I'm going b/c I NEVER go anywhere except for National. Of course last year at Dallas was just a drive up the I35 corridor for me so no real travel there.

Anyway, I've taken up enough of your blogtime. Just thought it was funny to have such a small world where you "know" two of the blogs that I frequent and are completely unrelated to each other. LOL.