May 15, 2005

Multi-Media Wedding

We went to a wedding Saturday night and it was quite beautiful.
IMG_0174
But there was a new wrinkle to this wedding (or maybe I don't get out much.) Before the processional a video screen came down in front of the altar and they began to play a slide-show-esque video with pictures of the bride and groom from infancy up through their dating days. The best way to describe it--very "senior show". Don't get me wrong...it was extremely moving...not a dry eye in the house and the bride hadn't even walked down the aisle yet...

On a side note I had informed my heathen daughter and husband before we arrived that Church of Christ doesn't believe in musical instruments and not to be shocked at the lack of organ or piano accompaniment. When they asked "why?" I explained that the bible states you should "lift your voices" not your pipe organs. I'm not sure if that's the reason Church of Christians shun the blameless baratone and the innocent sax (not even a harp? the official instrument of heaven?) but it sounded good at the time.

So of course, as the video screen came sliding down and the acapella music began to blare through the surround sound speaker system set up in the church, my daughter leaned over and whispered, "does it say anything about the use of electronics in the bible?"

She had a point.

But I wasn't really listening. I was already planning the multi-media presentation for her wedding. I have the cutest baby pictures... Wonder if our church has a video screen? Oh wait, we don't have a church. We need to get one.

No comments: