Jul 26, 2005

I Count With My Heart

P O E T R Y
W E D N E S D A Y
images-15

Age is a number
A symbol for time
A theory the left-brain
Can grasp on a dime

But love’s not of that side
It’s more from the right
It breeds on pure passion
And inspires me to write

True love is blind
To the dates on a page
Love transcends symbols
Or numbers or age

My right brain is savvy
It’s smarter than smart
Because as I love you
I count with my heart

The time that I’m with you
I treasure each bit
In you I find kindness
And fortitude and wit

And while you are wise
From all that you’ve done
With you in my life
You make me feel young!

Your passion is ageless;
It speaks without words
You tell me you love me
And no sound is heard.

Wrapped in your arms
Feels just like pure heaven
And I’ll love you even when
You're a-hundred-and-seven

2 comments:

Duke_of_Earle said...

Amen! And well said (written).

John

Karyn Lyndon said...

Thanks, John!