Jul 5, 2005

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jog

Well, we're back from the family reunion in San Angelo, or as I like to call it our annual test of endurance. The reason I call it that is I am the designated driver so it's a long haul down there and back in such a short time and because the scenery is rather monotonous (or as my Dad likes to call it: miles and miles of nothing but miles and miles.) And even though the new car was roomy and drives smooth, by the end of the trip everyone was tired and a little bit grouchy. But we passed the test one more year. I will say that the food was EXCELLENT! I love reunion food...

images-3
although I'm not sure it's worth a 10 hour drive.

I bring back no anecdotes, well, except I did get pulled over by the Highway Patrol on 277 near Bronte for speeding (79 in a 70.) I had already deducted $150 from my mental checkbook before I rolled down my window...so it was like getting a $150 bonus when the patrolman told me he was letting me go with a warning. My passengers couldn't believe my good luck (and neither could I.) Especially when I heard my cousin got pulled over by the same guy later that day and got a ticket.

Hope everyone had a fun, safe Fourth!

DSC00677

2 comments:

Brenda said...

So then you can use that mentally deducted $150 for RENO!!!

Karyn Lyndon said...

I love the way you think, Brenda...